Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On My Way to Berkeley

So, this is the day that I travel to Berkeley, CA in order to spend a semester at the University of California at Berkeley. It's 5:28, and I am in Raleigh, NC, preparing for my flight at 9:05. Its pretty exciting to think that, in a matter of hours, I will be in the place that I have been dreaming about visiting for what seems like forever. I have some trepidation, being that I have never been this far from home. However, my nervous fears are outweighed by the fact that I am too excited to even sleep. I have set some goals for myself to accomplish while I am away, which I will share more in depth when I have more time.
Although I will miss my Beautiful Spelman this semester, I know that this is too great an opportunity to let pass me by. It is the first time that I can think of that I have taken such a large leap outside of my comfort zone. Spelman has become a secondary safety blanket for me. (Secondary to my family of course....) I have made friends into family at Spelman. However, I know that I will be able to do the same thing in Berkeley.

I'm looking forward to all of the adventures that lie ahead... I know that God will turn this into a blessing.

So, California, here we come!

"If you take a chance in life, sometimes good things happen, sometimes bad things happen. But honey, if you don't take a chance, nothing happens."

1 comment: